Musical illiteracy

Home Musical illiteracy

When I was about 6 my parents pushed me to take some piano (keyboard) lessons. I don't think it lasted more than 6 months (it is very difficult to recall the exact duration at my current age), but my sister persisted for about 4 years. As a young boy I was never very interested in the piano and my favourite was surely the trombone. I remember telling this to my mother several times.

At present I often wonder how nice it would be to play the trumpet. If I had to choose an instrument to play it would be the trumpet although the trombone is still of high priority. The trombone is less flexible though and is not suitable for solos because of its low pitch.

   Roy Schestowitz
   Manchester Computing
   Kilburn Building
   University of Manchester