Sodium

Home Sodium

Thank you for responding to my question in so much detail. I have only one question that is not answered yet and that is how much I should be concerned about salt intake at my age. I suppose low sodium diets become more critical when heart attacks are foreseen. My ordinary diet comprises very little salt so I am not worried either way.

A few days ago I put down my typical daily diet on a file. You may find this interesting and I would be more than glad to hear your comments (preferably negative ones) on it:
550gr Tuna chunks in water

500gr White bread

50gr Bran Flakes

50gr Full-flavour Cheddar cheese

3 Misc. Fruit

2 Carrots

750ml Skimmed Milk (0.1% fat)

125ml Red wine

2000ml Water

50ml Juice concentrate

5gr Coffee

20gr Misc. sauce/dressing

15gr Mint

By the way, 28 millilitres are an ounce and 450 grams equal 1 pound. I am not an expert of British law, neither do I know the food labelling regulation (I may even know more about the FDA), but there is very detailed information on most foods, e.g. GM/not GM (genetically modified), sugar/salt levels, full nutritional values, suitable/not suitable for vegetarians and the list go on. Information after all is power, even if it comes in excess...

GIF image