Re: [wp-hackers] (scalability) many wp on one server without choking it?

How quick is quick? Is Apache configured with keep alives on? Does your client support keep alive? Each Apache process is probably 12MB to 15MB in size.. that's maybe 700MB to 900MB of your 1024MB machine gone if requests are made in parallel.
I'd say that 60 requests in a very short time could easily take down a server.

Donncha.

Tara Star wrote:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

I'm not worried about the number of tables -- I'm worried that it's very slow, and overloads the server, and I'm stuck between people who say that it's inevitable with wp because it's such a ressource-hog, and others who say that even with a dynamic wp site, there's no way I should be able to take down the server by checking 60 (dynamic) RSS feeds in quick succession.