Re: [wp-hackers] feed:http://address problem

  • To: wp-hackers@lists.automattic.com
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] feed:http://address problem
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 04:39:58 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 19 May 2005 04:40:01 +0100
Quoting Ryan Duff <ryan@ryanduff.net>:

Matthew Thomas wrote:
Mihailo Stefanovi? wrote:

Please excuse my ignorance, but I have another (stupid) question. What is the advantage of using:

feed:http://example.com/something

instead of (more logical and intuitive, if you ask me):

feed://example.com/something
That wouldn't work if your WordPress site (and therefore your feed) was being served over HTTPS.

I know a majority of the wordpress community (me included) are *nix
geeks, but seriously, have you ever seen somebody's blog served over
https:// ? (note: the link to your site http://mpt.net.nz/)

Using https where it is by no means valuable is a poor choice. https is good for
nothing but admiration unless it serves a purpose.

As a matter of fact, https often makes things worse. It shuts the door on
certain browsers and platforms, it breaks consistency, and it slows down or
annihilates crawling (I am sure many WordPressers rely on Google for visitors).

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com