Re: mp3 players: Treo

  • To: r@schestowitz.com
  • Subject: Re: mp3 players: Treo
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 00:59:22 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 27 May 2005 00:56:25 +0100
On Thursday 26 May 2005 17:46, you wrote:
> Very helpful info..I see this subject has already been discussed...
> Another point is that the large capacity iPod shouldn't be bumped about
> very much due to its internal moving HD.
> In the end, I'll probably wind up getting an example of each due to my
> hopeless yielding to propaganda and the love of gadgets.
>
> That said I could easily visualize one hand held device that converges all
> these features:
>
> * Cell phone w/blue tooth
> * Video camera
> * Digital photos  (5mp+)
> * Satellite radio
> * Video viewer
> * Mp3 player
> * PDA
> * Internet
>
> Did I miss anything?

You should have a look at the Treo. It has:

- Cell phone capabilities (its primary function).
- With an add-on it becomes a digital camera with the ability to capture low
framerate videos.
- Satellite radio: well, we can't have everything, can we?
-Video player - with its strong processor and potentially high capacity (2+
GB), that won't be a problem.
-MP3 Player: yes, please. *smile*
-PDA: The Treo series is an integration between a Palm-powered device and a
telephone.
-Internet: definitely. In principle, any modern PDA coupled with a cell phone
gets you on the Internet.