Re: [wp-hackers] Trackbacks

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Trackbacks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:08:54 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:08:56 +0000
_____/ On Tue 13 Dec 2005 14:54:07 GMT, [Owen Winkler] wrote : \_____

Podz wrote:
Podz wrote:

Trackback 2 urls on my blog. Same urls each time.
If the tb's are comma separated, none get sent.
If they are space separated, one gets sent - the last one.

Can anyone confirm / not confirm this ?

I created a new post on my localhost WP 2.0. I added two trackbacks with a space between them. One to RedAlt and one to Asymptomatic. Both trackbacks were received.

I did not try commas, but I wouldn't expect that to work, given the instructions on the page. The knowledge I have about how trackbacks are processed says that using a comma and not a space would cause the urls to be concatenated into a single invalid url:

http://redalt.com/ping,http://asymptomatic.net/?p=21

Using a comma and a space would put a comma at the end of the first url, and that would probably cause it to fail, since the comma is not recognized as part of a valid url by the receiving server.

Anyway, those are my results.

Owen

* Using WP 1.5.2 to compose.

* Posting a dummy item with trackbacks sent to two separate domains running WP
1.2.1

* First test:

  trackback field contains [URL1] [URL2]
  both trackbacks received at both ends