Re: [wp-hackers] top-posting info

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] top-posting info
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 04:47:28 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 04:47:29 +0000
_____/ On Fri 06 Jan 2006 04:23:37 GMT, [John Joseph Bachir] wrote : \_____

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting

Maybe preceeded by "Avoid top-posting: "

Then members can explore the idea themselves and be automatically converted one by one. Bwa ha ha (evil laughter).

I believe that a better solution would be to send a message periodically to state some guidelines. This can be automated. It's very common among newsgroups and in /large/ mailing lists it is often necessary and is less distracting. It also adds little 'noise' to the archives.

The  subject  line is often engineered to grab the attention  of  newbies.
However, it often tends to be skipped, discarded or disregarded. It is ef-
fective,  however, as group subscribers can point to it whenever 'etiquet-
te'  is not honoured. There are scripts for achieving this, but I  suspect
Mailman has the capability built in.