Re: [horde] Merge/Channel Mail Folders/Accounts

_____/ On Fri 06 Jan 2006 09:47:43 GMT, [Jan Schneider] wrote : \_____

Zitat von Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I'm a bit confused... you want to 'forward' mail from one box to
another but not
through the MTA?

The mail transport agent will re-direct mail items before they are
'sanitised'.
What I was hoping to do is merge boxes, but apply different
filtering policies
depending on the "To:" header. Sadly, I can't instruct SpamAssassin or
BoxTrapper to have a condition which says "do your 'thing' only if
the message
is sent to address X". Instead, I enable them to a different and separate
account, but what they permit to get through remains in that isolated box.

This could easily be done with a server side filter engine that supports redirection, for example Sieve.

Jan.

I ended up solving my problem by using POP3 access from a desktop-side mail
client (Mozilla Thunderbird). This seems like an almost perfect solution. I
haven't had it set up for more than a couple of hours, so it may be too early
to judge. Thank you both very much for the help. Much appreciated as you helped
me help myself think of a solution.