Re: [wp-hackers] Ditch RDF and RSS 0.92

David House wrote:
> On 15/01/06, Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>You must ensure that you do not break people's links. When it comes to
>>feeds, people are lazy and careless. They would possible neglect to update
>>URL's in their feed reader.
>

> We could redirect both to wp-rss2.php. I'd much rather have two
> obsolete redirects hanging around than two obsolete files hanging
> around that have to keep being updated every time we make a relevant
> API change.

Or we could *gasp* provide some documentation explaining the major
differences between this version and the version before it.  A detailed,
human-readable changelog really ought to be provided in each download --
or on the download page.

A changelog entry saying "RDF and RSS 0.92 formats are no longer
supported" ought to be sufficient for a lot of people.

--
skippy@xxxxxxxxxx | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35