Re: word-wrap and itemize

  • To: lyx-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: word-wrap and itemize
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 05:32:36 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 05:32:38 +0000
_____/ On Tue 24 Jan 2006 04:27:21 GMT, [Jeremy C. Reed] wrote : \_____

I have a itemize list with:

* Traffic from the internal LAN to the Internet is permitted
(LAN_INET) and must be translated (LAN_INET_NAT).

* Traffic from the internal LAN to the DMZ is permitted
(LAN_DMZ).

* Traffic from the Internet to servers in the DMZ is permitted (INET_DMZ).

* Traffic from the Internet that's being redirected to spamd(8) is
permitted (SPAMD).

I am using koma scrbook. My page width is 6 inches.

The first and second items of list are not formatted correctly. The
"(LAN_INET)" and the "(LAN_DMZ)" are not wrapped to next line and go out
into the right margin. There are no special fonts.

To workaround this, I manually enter a Linebreak.

How can I get this to justify word-wrap correctly?

Also, maybe related, when I have a couple words of typewriter mixed in my
regular content, then I also lose my correct justification. I thought I
saw a posting on how to automatically fix this recently, but can't find
now.

There was recently a thread about justification and hyphenation, but particularly about tendency of margins to be dishonoured at times [1]. There were various solutions proposed. Insertion of a linebreak is, as you already know, undesirable. This may break as the output type (or compiliation process) changes.

I don't know how to solve the issue of justifying a mixture of fonts. If I
were you, as a workaround, I would try to manipluate the font size. Again,
this is far from ideal, for the same reasons listed above.

With kind regards,

Roy

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg44625.html