Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014 17:37:41 Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> > Richard's carefully reasoned response was to scream "SHUT UP! SHUT UP!
> > SHUT UP!" at me. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have complied with the
> > CoC. Unfortunately we didn't have one back then so I couldn't demand
> > an apology.
>
> I was more thinking about Stallman's "St. iGNUcious" shtick where he
> talks about evil corporations peddling proprietary software.

There are more things wrong with RMS lectures than I have time to enumerate in
email.  I have no plans to attend one of his lectures again and recommend
others avoid him too.

Making the case that someone isn't as bad as RMS isn't useful in discussions
like this.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with K-9 Mail.