Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 12:17:24PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Debian could make a public statement disavowing Linus's comments, but
> that's the purview of the DPL or the project-via-GR, not of the
> DebConf team.

Or indeed the press team... <hat mode="press">
Indeed, a public statement in this regard would not be productive for a)
Debian, b) the FSF or c) the community in general.

What would we be trying to achieve with a statement? Is there a better
way of doing it?

Neil