Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 08:08:49AM -0700, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
       He was inviterd. He was also given the guidelines fro speakers,
which by his own admission he did not bother reading. Why waste time
with guidelines and code of conduct statements if we happily stand by
and say nothing when they are violated?

I don't know what exactly was in the guidelines; either I can't find them or they aren't online. I do see an anti-harassment statement (http://debconf14.debconf.org/registration.xhtml#antiharassment), but I don't believe that Linus in any way violated that.

If Debconf doesn't want speakers to get into personal opinions, the proper approach would have been to make sure that the *questions* didn't go there. Linus even suggested at one point that maybe there should be some moderation...

Mike Stone