Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

also sprach Patty Langasek <harmoney@xxxxxxxxxx> [2014-09-03 13:09 -0700]:
> I'm genuinely sorry that people feel that my invitation for those
> who are sensitive to course language to leave the session made the
> impression that he was not being held to our Code of Conduct
> standards.  I don't think anyone can fully appreciate how
> nerve-wracking it was while I was standing at the front of the
> room hoping beyond all hope that people would treat each other
> respectfully so I *wouldn't* have to request sound and video be
> cut and everyone excused from the impromtu session.  Well, I know
> at least 2 DebConf chairs appreciated how nerve-wracking it was,
> because they were concerned I was going to do just that at any
> second.

I think you stepped up to the microphone and did exactly what you
had to do, extremely well and highly professional.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

Unless otherwise noted, you may disclose anything I say on this list.