Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014 12:29:32 +0100, Ian Jackson
<ijackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Debian should make a public statement that Linus will not be welcome
>at Debian events in future.
>
>Also, Debian owes the FSF an apology.  That apology should be at least
>as public as the offence.

This is simply absolutely ridiculous. I can't think about a better way
to make Debian the laughing stock of the entire Linux world by using
LINUS for crying out loud as the first publicly visible "victim" of
our CoC.

This is exactly the thing why I voted against the CoC. Somebody says
something that somebody else doesn't like and complaints are filed,
just taking the conflict to an escalated level.

The only thing that does make this case realistic is that the
situation happed in the USA; which I know have a little different
values than average European cultures.

Greetings
Marc