Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14 :: Respect

On Fri, Sep 05, 2014 at 08:55:05AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
How you went from Russ' point about Debian right "not to invite him" and
Debian "impose its Norms on other projects" is beyond me. Surely at
Debian events it is Debian norms that matter rather than other
project ones?

Because the discussion went far beyond his behavior at debconf (which the consensus seems to have accepted) to whether, essentially, he's immoral because of how he behaves in his own project. (Apparantly the CoC says that certain words are bad, but insinuation about someone's morality / ethics is ok as long as it's couched in polite language and not said directly.)