Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14 :: Respect

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 08:55:06PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> And so therefore, based on the fact that he responded in fairly good
> humor to a subject which *Ian* brought up, he should be banned for
> life from all Debian events?

FWIW, this is factually incorrect: 1/ it is not Ian who initially
brought up the subject of insults on LKML, and 2/ it is not in response
to him that Linus threated the FSF as he did.  (This is just not to
leave unchallenged the impression that one might get from your words
that we are in some "let's provoke him and see if we get a casus belli"
situation.)

Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli  . . . . . . .  zack@xxxxxxxxxx . . . . o . . . o . o