Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

On Wed, Sep 03 2014, Ean Schuessler wrote:

> ----- "Manoj Srivastava" <srivasta@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>  He was inviterd. He was also given the guidelines fro speakers,
>>  which by his own admission he did not bother reading. Why waste time
>>  with guidelines and code of conduct statements if we happily stand by
>>  and say nothing when they are violated?
>
> Why invite speakers that you know are going to violate the guidelines?
> You basically handed him a set of guidelines that said "don't act like
> Linus Torvalds".

        This might be defamatory of Linus, if you are implying that
 being respectful and professional is conduct he is incapable of, and
 respect and professionalism is something that Debian, and other
 conferences, can not expect of Linus. I certainly hope that is not the
 case.

        manoj
--
A man's gotta know his limitations. Clint Eastwood, "Dirty Harry"
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@xxxxxxxxxx> <http://www.debian.org/~srivasta/>