Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

On Wed, Sep 03 2014, Tobias Hansen wrote:

> On 09/03/2014 05:37 PM, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>>         Having said that, I re-watched the talk , and I was not
>>  personally offended. I think, however, if the debconf delegates
>>  determine that the CoC for speakers was violated, they should take
>>  appropriate actions regardless of the magnificence of the speaker.

> What you seem to miss is that an invited speaker who never agreed to any
> code cannot be judged by the same standard as someone who applied to
> give a talk. Since this was a guest we should just agree to disagree and
> get on with it.

        If there was no guideline for speaking, then indeed you are
 right. However, in the talk, Linus himself admitted being sent a
 guideline, which he choose to not read.  I was merely taking him at his
 word (seemed to be the respectful thing to do)

        Indeed, I have no special knowledge of this apart from being
 part of he audience, the debconf delegates know what, if any, speaker
 guidelines were inplay, and whether these were violated. I am just
 stating that the rules ought to be uniformly appled, irrespective of
 the stature of the speaker.

        manoj
--
"Whip me.  Beat me.  Make me maintain AIX." (By Stephan Zielinski)
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@xxxxxxxxxx> <http://www.debian.org/~srivasta/>