Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

Le 03/09/2014 15:24, Alberto Garcia a écrit :
> I understand he's referring to the discussion about the GPLv3 that
> starts around 0:47:20. The specific criticism of the FSF starts in
> 0:49:23, with the comments about bigoted people around 0:51:20.

Hi,

I don't see any problem with what Linus said and how he said it.

On the contrary, I find that he manages very well to answer respectfully
a difficult comment, which is not itself a question:
 "... you undermine GPLv3 and I ask you to stop."

Then Linus goes on to explain why he prefers v2 over v3 and that he
feels some FSF persons have been dishonest when they were trying to
convince him to adopt v3.

Also bear in mind that he was answering a direct question, live, in a
closed room. Actually, there was a word of caution around 0:12:00 by one
of the organizers, who said that due to the nature of the session,
controversial statements were not unlikely. In conclusion, you cannot
ask controversial questions to someone during a conference and expect
them to iron out their answer.

Kind regards, Thibaut.