Re: Palm Os versus Pocket PC

"Doug Hoffman" <dhoffman@journey.com> wrote in message
dhoffman-624C09.04531022112004@news.chatlink.com">news:dhoffman-624C09.04531022112004@news.chatlink.com...
> In article <I5hod.1987$uV6.459@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> "Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Most Palms with 320x320 screens cost more than $200. The TE is the only
>> one
>> that I know of that is under $200 at $199.
>
> Only a fool would pay $199.  Palm is selling them with a 128 Meg SD card
> and $50 off if you trade in your old Palm.  I've seen open box specials
> for $150.  Blemished for less.  You have touched on just one of the
> reasons the TE is so popular.  Great screen with all of the most needed
> features at a great price.  No frivolous high-end techie stuff like
> built in camera, bluetooth, etc.

Good point. I was simply refering to list pricing and not including any
deals that Palm may throw at you. The real point to my comment was that
there are not that many Palm units that have a hi-rez screen for under $200.

I'd disagree that Bluetooth is a frivolous feature. I use it all the time
with my T3. It's quite handy for synching, connecting to the net via my PC
and soon I will use it to connect to a GPS device. If the TE had BT and
still sold for $199 (list) I believe that it would be even more popular.

TC