Re: building a web site with html

  • Subject: Re: building a web site with html
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <roy-at-schestowitz-dot-com@use-address-before-at.com>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 07:06:38 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> "Andy Dingley" <dingbat@codesmiths.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 12:27:19 -0400, "Richard" <superricky@sympatico.ca>
>> wrote:
>> As a way of avoiding the need to learn HTML, then most beginners start
>> out with Dreamweaver, FrontPage, or some similar tool.  These things
>> are all widely despised hereabouts, and even more so over in
>> c.i.w.a.h.    HTML is not hard, and good HTML design requires you to
>> understand HTML code. So what are these drag-and-drool tools really
>> offering you ?  Some of them (mainly FrontPage) are just very, very
>> bad at their job too.
>>
>> So learn to code HTML by hand. It's far better, and nearly always
>> quicker too.
>
> I share your opinion.

Hi Richard,

I have used Word for Web page authoring as a child. I used Frontpage in my
late teens. For the past 2 years I have written everything in raw HTML and
I have no regrets! Make sure you get a good editor and a good method for
obtaining a preview (e.g. automatic browser refresh).

http://www.schestowitz.com/UseNet/2004/Suse3/msg00029.html

Also, try to edit all files at the server's end because it will save you
time.

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com