Schestowitz.com Home

How do they do it? Professional looking sites...

  • Subject: How do they do it? Professional looking sites...
  • From: Scott Dunaway <kyote_lovenospam@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 22:18:17 -0500
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
How do they get these sites to looking so polished? What I mean is you
take some sites like this

http://www.papadocs.com/

or

http://www.amelabs.com/

that look nice and are fairly user friendly. But to me they don't even
come close to comparing to sites like these

http://www.cingular.com/

and

http://www.voxunity.com/

The last 2 use lots of 3D type images and gradient coloring in their
buttons and such. That's what I'm asking. What programs do you use, or
others use, to make these images and buttons for such fantastic sites?
Photoshop? Paintshop? What else?

Also, do any of you know of any URL's that point to any tutorials
about this? Please, any information would be highly appreciated.

I recently signed up with a new host and got access to alot of
templates, for free. I can use the buttons and such from those
templates to get what I'm wanting for my personal site, but that's not
what I want to do. I really want to be able to sit down and design my
site from scratch. Using nothing but my imagination and my computer. I
want to do polished, 3D buttons and multi-image overlay image maps. To
me, such sites are not just professional, but works of Art. Thank you
all for your time. And for those of you that try, thank you for your
help and consideration.

Scott D.