Schestowitz.com Home

Re: How do they do it? Professional looking sites...

  • Subject: Re: How do they do it? Professional looking sites...
  • From: Eric Biller <Bilefrog@gmx.net>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 11:43:07 +0200
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Scott Dunaway wrote:

> The last 2 use lots of 3D type images and gradient coloring in their
> buttons and such. That's what I'm asking. What programs do you use, or
> others use, to make these images and buttons for such fantastic sites?
> Photoshop? Paintshop? What else?

If you are developing with a Windows-based box Macromedia Fireworks is a
really tough app to make those buttons. In addition with Photoshop you have
a quite good basis for building grfx for the web. Concerning 3D-Texts with
textures and anims take a look at Ulead Cool3D and for mapping your own
textures on a 3D-Text an easy way is using Xara3D. This is my set of apps I
am using.

> Also, do any of you know of any URL's that point to any tutorials
> about this? Please, any information would be highly appreciated.

Try googling. There are a lot of resources concerning grfx.

A lot of tutorials can be found at:
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/softwaretutorials/

greets
Eric