Re: Nav Button and graphics Question

Travis Newbury wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Are you a GIMP user? And if so, how long have you used it? It's not
>> rhetorical, I would like to hear an answer...
>
> No I am not. I use Photoshop. But I suggest GIMP to everyone that can
> not afford (or doesn't need) Photoshop.  There are a ton of GIMP
> tutorials out there, and I believe several "how to" books have also been
> written.  GIMP falls into SUN's "Open Office" level of quality. (Which
> is another awesome free product).  If you are not going to buy
> Photoshop, then the next best thing is GIMP.

I appreciate your honesty. I too used to think Photoshop was the mother and
all. The large, full-screen view; the many cascading menus; the nice splash
screen at the start and the very many people who say "Photoshop this" and
"Photoshop that".

After getting some experience with the GIMP, I realised that in terms of
results, I was able to get better-looking stuff in significantly less time.
The GUI is not graceful, fair enough, and it's Open Source, but if a rusty
bulldozer takes a house down more quickly than a silver sledgehammer, why
not go for the bulldozer?

If I had spent more time with Photoshop in my grown-up years, maybe my
opinion would differ.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com