Re: Getting Figures Into GUIs

  • Subject: Re: Getting Figures Into GUIs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:39:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.soft-sys.matlab
Silu Chen wrote:

> Hi, I having trouble displaying figure plot windows in a GUI. An
> already existing function to plot a graph exists and I want to make a
> GUI with a button that will open this function. So far, when the push
> button is clicked, I am able to have the graph displayed in the same
> window as the GUI, but this does not give me the capabilities of
> zooming, inserting legends, etc like the figure window does.
>
> How can I make it so when the pushbutton is clicked, the graph
> displays in the figure window instead of in the same window as the
> GUI?

I believe you need to change the active GUI handle before plotting the data.
Let us you have a GUI where the name of the embedded axes is axes1 and you
then open a new figure (e.g. using the command 'figure;') with a handle
name axes2 ('axes2=figure;', 'figure(axes2);' and the like).

You need to call axes2 right before plotting the data. This ensure that the
signal gets sent to the right (external window) axes.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com