Re: gps software for Palm tungstn E

  • Subject: Re: gps software for Palm tungstn E
  • From: "Francus" <francus@arobasenospamdotchezdotcom>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 20:54:45 +0200
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops
Roy Schestowitz avait écrit le 09/08/2005 :
Victor Roberts wrote:

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:50:03 GMT, "albert"
<alberto_sarti@tin.it> wrote:

i'm looking for buy any software to navigate GPS in my Palm tungsten E.
Somebody sell it?
Greetings ,Alberto / Italy

Software is not the issue, a lack of a serial port is usually the problem. How do you plan to connect a GPS to the Tungsten E?

In attempt to answer your question, I have done a quick search on the Web earlier on. It appears as if the T3 and T5 are the main devices which can be used with TomTom, a piece of software that benefits if not merely depends on GPS technology.

I do not know about GPS support on its own though. I imagine you would have
a hard time adding it on. No message or page I could found contained the
'Tungsten E' and 'GPS' with a tight connection.

Roy

Hello

I do use a GPS with my T|E
it's an Altina GPS plugged ti the usb connector with a car AC adpator
I bought it on ebay, look here http://stores.ebay.fr/iSemango_Promotions_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm
I just bid once and got it for 49.99+45 s&h usd which made around 77 euros
I use Viamichelin with it, and it works perfectly

hope it helps

Site : http://www.mesnews.net