Re: Column widths

  • Subject: Re: Column widths
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 02:31:21 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Des wrote:

> I am trying to produce a publisher style webpage but I can't get my
> columbs the right size. I want 4 columbs of diferent widths.
>
> 200px   250px  200px   250px making the table 900px. I can't get them
> the right widths. Am I doing things the wrong way? is there a better
> way of this type of page.

I see 4 columns at the top and two below these. What are you trying to
achieve? I am sure there is a better way of doing this, without involving
tables.

If you have fixed the total width at 900 pixels, I advice you to change it
to 770 pixels. More people than you imagine have their screen resolution
set to 800x600 and they will love your site if you prevent the scrollbars
(or conversely hate you if you impose fixed width)

> TIA
>
> Desmond.
>
> Page is http://www.hopechurchuk.com/Development/Vision2.htm

Buttons as graphics are not ideal, but if you choose to do so, why not
'brush up' the fonts a little? I think it would be worth the investment.

All the best,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com