Re: plagiarism for content

  • Subject: Re: plagiarism for content
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:40:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
Els wrote:

> Paula E. Burch wrote:
>
>> I'm finding sites that have blatantly plagiarized web pages that I have
>> written, merely in order to have 'content' to attract search engines.
>>
>> Are any of you having this problem, too?
>>
>> One's in the US. Another is in Bangladesh. The latter one is especially
>> disturbing since they stole my pictures, too.
>
> URLs? (both original and copycats)

Yes, scrapers have become a really big and widespread nuisance. Some say
that the majority of blogs out there (usually obscure ones) are fake blogs
that scrape content for ad revenue.

I had some content stolen from mine too, but I doubt I'd ever spend my time
fighting that terrible, ever-increasing phenomenon.