Re: New diet plan

Annie Benson Lennaman wrote:

> Will McGugan wrote:
>>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>

>> > Do NOT follow the link. It is spam. The message is promotional.
>>
>> I'm looking for feedback on software that we are working on, and for
>> beta testers - who will get free copies! There isn't a single advert on
>> that page, nor any links to our other products. Its completely on-topic,
>> and I refute that it is in any way, spam.
>
>    Yeah, I'm with Will on this one.  He's not posting multiple messages
> with a "Buy my stuff!" theme, he's asking for input on how to improve
> the stuff he is developing.  And what's wrong with being promotional?  I
> promote my webpage in my sig.  That doesn't make everything I post spam.

My instinct was wrong. As you can imagine, spammers and trolls in UseNet
supposedly recommend something that they promote (often pills, sex and
gambling). So, accept my apology, Will.

On the issue of URL's in signatures, I have seen people whose signature
contained links to dodgy poker sites. I believe that URL's in the signature
need to relate to the poster. Rather than using the 4-line space of a
signature, content shifts to a site and avoids clutter in messages.

All the best,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com