Re: Accessing CD Drive from DOS

Tintin wrote:

> do you think it could have something to do with Zone Alarm Pro? I havent
> changed the settings but sometimes these things change themselves, I know
> from experience.

Zone Alarm shouldn't affect anything locally unless it's faulty or does more
than you have ever bargained for.

There are all sorts of possible causes, but all of them are highly unlikely
to have caused the problem. As I said before, one long-term solution would
be to wipe the operating system, in which case you get your default
settings back. Otherwise, try to think if you installed something or
changed something recently. Removing and re-installing devices and
controllers that are related to the CD-ROM are worthwhile too.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com