Re: TE Battery Prob

On Saturday 20 August 2005 07:18, Dave wrote:

> The battery in my TE doesn't seem to last half as long as it used to. I
> don't know whether this is due to "battery memory" or whether the
> battery is genuinely failing.

Have you changed your backlight settings? (knowingly or unknowingly) Have
you enabled Bluetooth? (not too sure about Bluetooth in the T-E) What about
the infra-red (IR) port? Have you used your PDA for heavy computational
tasks? Rich applications? MP3 player perhaps? Degradation of battery life
depends enormously on what you do so it isn't measurable on a linear scale.

> Question is - what will it cost me to have a new battery fitted (or can
> I do it myself). If that's not economic, is there anywhere I can trade
> this TE in for a new or reconditioned one?

Batteries are not very cheap, especially when compared with the cost of the
Tungsten T-E. Extra cost is attributed to fitting of the battery by a
professional. The manual work and studying involved if/when you wish to
(safely) change the battery yourself makes it economically-irrational in
most cases. Consider a battery extender. eBay is a good place for a
bargain.

> TIA
>
> Dave

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz        Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
http://Schestowitz.com