Re: Linux FTP Clients

_____/ On Friday 26 August 2005 07:04, [mbstevens] wrote : \_____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>>I used to use gFTP, and used kbear for a while, but found it buggy.
>
>> I use gFTP because it's multi-threaded. It is relatively reliable too,
>> running on Fedora Core II. I haven't used KBear, but I have it installed.
>> As soon as I post this message, I'll go and give it a go.
>
> I see this kind of FTP discussion a lot.
> Have a look at
> http://www.mbstevens.com/cgi/mkatt.pl?name=huh/Rube
> which contains some grumblings about the best FTP client.

the term 'FTP' only appears 4 times in a single comment on this page. Are
you sure that's the right discussion you were pointing at? I put up a much
broader summary in the 1st of the month <
http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/08/01/firefox-ftp/ > and even
did some comparison with the Win32 clients.

I wish they was one client that incorporated the best of all: queueing,
multi-threading, browser embedment, secure password authentication,
Norton/Midnight commander-like interface.

Roy S. Schestowitz        $> apt-get -not windows
http://Schestowitz.com