Re: deleting old email address

  • Subject: Re: deleting old email address
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 14:09:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 14:00, [Godzilla] wrote : \__

> Godzilla wrote:
>
>> Using SuSE 9.2 Pro, I changed the e-mail addresses of two people
>> yesterday and deleted their former addresses from the address book.
>> Yet today, when I started an e-mail to one of them in KMail, the
>> auto complete brought up the former (deleted) address!
>>
>> Where do I go to find the hidden old addresses to really delete
>> them?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Godzilla
>
> Lest anyone thinks that I did not do my Google duty -
> I looked in file:/home/joseph/.kde/share/apps/kabc
>
> All eight of the vcf files have the new addresses!
>
> Godzilla

I'd hit a long shot and suggest that KMail offers auto-completion based on
data from your address book and well as recently entered addresses. I feel
you pain as I suffered from the very same behaviour.

In browsers you can typically scroll down and hit delete to erase historical
values. I doubt whether you can do that in KMail (definitely not in my
outdates version of it anyway). Have you considered resetting or
re-creating your identity/profile perhaps? It's probably a very radical
solution if all you need to remove is a single E-mail address.

Roy S. Schestowitz        Useless fact: Florida is bigger than England
http://Schestowitz.com