Re: Apple feels the squeeze from Linux

  • Subject: Re: Apple feels the squeeze from Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 03:52:47 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [Rick] on Sunday 04 December 2005 03:42 \__

> On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 18:11:14 -0800, John Bailo wrote:
>
>> Malware Magnet wrote:
>>
>>> "There can be no assurance software developers will continue to
>>> develop software for Mac OS X, the Company's operating system, on a
>>> timely basis or at all," the firm said.
>>
>> Translation:
>>
>> "Did you think we were still a computer company?  No, we sell portable
>> transistor radios..."
>
> ... really? what are they called?

ByePod.

Apple might sooner or later lose avid users due to Linux. Having enabled KDE
translucency and shadow casting yesterday, I am convinced that the glitter
of Mac OS X will not keep it alive for long.

Take a glimpse...

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=28612

KDE: isn't she a beauty? Has anybody noticed the sheer amount of styles,
themes and extentions on kde-look.org recently? That's the power of
contribution from third parties or volunteers.