Re: mp3 in website

  • Subject: Re: mp3 in website
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:26:56 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.websites
__/ [Mike] on Sunday 04 December 2005 08:14 \__

> "ikke" <jezuschristsuperstar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Hi everyone,
>> this is the first time that i use this newsreader so excuse me if im in
> the
>> wrong group.
>>
>> Im a amateur singer and i have made my own website, now my question to is
> ,
>> is there anyone here who knows a script i can use so that people can here
> my
>> songs in mp3 format on my website, what i mean is like a mediaplayer thats
>> on my opening page . I have one now but the problem is that it i only 1
> song
>> can be played over and over again.
>> I search for a script so that i can place several songs in that
> mediaplayer.
>>
>> Thanks in advence for anyone who can help me !
>> Greets
>>

> The easiest way to do this would be to convert the mp3 to a windows media
> file then uplaod it... Most people have windows medis player and can hear
> it

Bad  idea,  at least in my humble opinion. This is a newsgroups about  Web
sites  and the Web is about openness and communication. You must never as-
sume what your visitor uses (browser, O/S, display) or make content avail-
able  in  proprietary formats. It only encourages the closing of the  Net,
which  makes it available to a subset and grants ownership to a commercial
body.  If you raised a question or suggested the possibility of wmv/wma in
Web  pages,  people in groups like alt.html would be flamed. Maybe it's  a
gross exaggeration though...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Far away from home, robots build people"
 11:20am  up 5 days  8:47,  4 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.34, 0.45