Re: TaskBar Icon only - no title please

  • Subject: Re: TaskBar Icon only - no title please
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 08:57:00 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
__/ [Clinton V. Weiss] on Monday 05 December 2005 04:11 \__

> Clinton V. Weiss wrote:
>> I've searched and searched, and haven't been able to determine how I can
>> setup the taskbar to only show the icon of an application.  In the
>> taskbar configuration, there is a handy checkbox for hiding the icon,
>> but nothing for hiding the title.
>>
>> Is hiding the title within the KDE taskbar feasible?
>
> I'm surprised that no one has commented on this.  Even a "can't do it"
> would be nice.

I read it, I was going to comment, but saying something along the lines of
"it  is  not possible" would often be unproductive and make it  seem  like
your problem was resolved when in reality it has not.

Why  do you have the full title displayed in the taskbar rather than  have
just  an  icon with tooltips (balloons)? This is the default behaviour  in
KDE 3.1 and 3.4 (both of which I can confirm to have these settings). Have
you  changed  it? Am I misinterpreting the question/scenario? I have  this
picture  in my mind where a task bar is accommodated with words (as in the
taskbar or even default quicklauncher in Windows).

Best wishes,

Roy

PS  -  I think I stupidly confused system tray and taskbar here. Have  you
tried  KasBar**?  I prefer that to a task bar. It can easily be added  and
provide you with previews as well as application icons.

**Main panel -> Content menu -> Add -> Extension -> KasBar

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: penguins are the greatest birds
  8:45am  up 5 days  6:12,  6 users,  load average: 0.71, 0.66, 0.69