Re: Grafitti2: A Step Backwards?

  • Subject: Re: Grafitti2: A Step Backwards?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 08:15:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
__/ [null] on Wednesday 07 December 2005 04:32 \__

> "(Pete Cresswell)" <Pilot@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> Anybody besides me having trouble making the jump from Graffiti (Clie)
>>  to Grafitti2 (TX)?
>>
>> Maybe my screen is a little flaky...or the protector....  but I'm
>> having significant problems with some letters - especially "K" which
>> usually takes me 2-3 tries.
>>
>> Also, I've definitely entered numbers only in the numeric area only to
>> have letters come out.  "5" ==> "s" is a common one, but there are
>> others.
>>
>> Finally, there seem tb excessive pauses between letters sometimes -
>> but not other times.
>>
>> Anybody else been here?
>
> Unfortunately, it is a necessary evil, as it's the result of a lawsuit by -
> Xerox.  Apparently, Xerox was awarded the patent for monostroke input in
> the mid-90's.  The result is that Palm had to make a deal to get the Jot
> application and turn it into Graffiti 2.  That's why making t's is such a
> pain in the tail now...if you're used to making them like a 7.  :(
>
> The letter I've had the hardest time with is X.  I just can't seem to make
> them anymore on my Zodiac 2.
>
> -Null

Why don't you just install the necessary software which would enable you to
stick with Grafitti1? Why should you suffer? Why the unnecessary learning
curve? I understand why Palm cannot ship it with Grafitti1, but it's similar
to MP3 support in operating systems.

I remember many discussion in this newsgroup that revolved around Grafitti2.
Very few people seem to like it, let alone accept it.