Re: Statistics on Web Site

  • Subject: Re: Statistics on Web Site
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 14:58:16 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
__/ [Dung Ping] on Wednesday 07 December 2005 13:36 \__

> Hi,
>
> My ISP is http://RisingNet.com.  I pay only $50.00 per year for 200mb
> space.  With it the statistics for the site and pages are kept for only
> 12 months.  After that the information will be deleted automatically.
>
> For instance, after three years with this ISP, I will have records only
> on the number of hits and visits for last one year, but not the total
> of all three years.
>
> I am interested to learn what statisitcal information that other ISPs
> can provide.  If the device is better, I may switch.
>
> Thanks.
> Dung Ping

Only a few weeks ago, my first proper host (since 2001, unless you count
Geocities in 97/98) purged all my statistics -- going back to 2001 --
without informing me. When I contacted them, they finally replied
apologetically, saying it was too late for stats to be recovered. Needless
to say, that's incompetence. If you pay $50 for 200MB and the service such
as described above, you are missing out on much better deals. One example
among many:

http://catalyst2.com/services/hosting/linux/index.asp

- 250 MB Disk Space
- 1 GB Monthly Data Transfer
- 1 Catch-All E-Mail Account
- 1 Mailing List
- 1 Subdomain
- 1 mySQL Database
- PHP4, Perl Supported

£11.99/year
(£14.09 inc VAT)        £4.99/month
$19.00/year
($22.36 inc VAT)

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    It is no longer uncommon to be uncommon
  2:50pm  up  12:01,  5 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.19, 0.09