Re: Korea and cola

  • Subject: Re: Korea and cola
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 18:00:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [B Gruff] on Friday 09 December 2005 13:09 \__
>
>> On Friday 09 December 2005 12:47 Roy Culley wrote:
>>
>>> begin  risky.vbs
>>> <3vtb22F17fvrhU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

>>>     In short: you godless commies can either take Microsoft products
>>>     bundled as God intended, or face the consequences. Pressure is
>>>     already building in the blogosphere for Condoleezza Rice to
>>>     intervene personally in the matter and - in the unlikely event
>>>     that her particular brand of international diplomacy should fail -
>>>     for direct military action in defense of the US's right to trade
>>>     freely across the globe. God Bless America.
>>>
>>> Truly amazing and it only goes downhill from there. :-)
>>
>> You rotton sod - quit winding people up:-)
>>
>> (for the benefit of non-UK readers,
>>    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/08/rotting_dog_blog/
>>  is a parody of an "extreme-ish" blog.
>>    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/09/dog_letters/
>>  is the responses received by el Reg, some of which seem to "pick up on the
>> theme", but most of which (I suspect!) are serious!)
>
> The Register is losing its credibility and is barely worth syndicating
> anymore. I remember when they titled an article "New Zealand finds Black
> Cocks Hard to Swallow" when referring to some rugby game (if I recall
> correctly). Meaningful titles are very fundamental, let alone good content.
> They now go for 'eye catch' rather than quality reporting.

I like the Reg, and I thought the pseudo-blog was excellent.  The Kiwi's
Rugby Union team is known as the All Blacks, hence the reference to
Black in the title.

The IT and Telecoms world is changing fast at the moment, though - it'll
be interesting to see which of the news sites are still standing in 5
years.  I think that the Reg still will be, but who knows?

Several operators in the UK are lining up for a 'quadruple play', ie.,
Broadcast TV, mobility, broadband internet & VOD.  There is going to be
a huge consolidation in operators - as I've mentioned many times, there
is no way of sustaining multiple infrastructure operations, so the best
you can hope for is a set of virtual operators, and some kind of
efficient infrastructure provide.

Where will it end?  We know that the internet will not scale, however.

--
end
Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing.