Re: Linux Stats Rising

> There are at least 3 large bodies that monitor traffic for reports that they
> publish. Figures like 40,000 sample sites crop into my mind out of nowhere
> (no references, I'm afraid), so it's safer to go by what they say. Their
> primary aim is to gather browser statistics and I don't believe they have
> bias in favour of MSIE.

Yes, I am very aware that my traffic is probably not typical and
the sample size probably too small to be statistically significant.
Nevertheless, even if my stats are out of sync with larger samples,
I believe the increase in the Linux percentage is telling us
something, and my analysis of the logs is an attempt to understand
that message.  What I am finding is that the Linux traffic is
spread around relatively evenly, not favoring technology related
pages or anything else I might expect to sway the numbers.  The
linux growth is real, as best I can tell.

I would love to find one of the traffic monitoring sites that you
mention.  It would be interesting to compare my numbers with larger
trends.  Perhaps some poking around with google will turn up
something.  I'll post a followup here if I find anything interesting.

Later,

Thad