Re: Google adsense stinks

  • Subject: Re: Google adsense stinks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:43:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Ecliptic wrote:

> I had the same problem many report here: Google disables my Adsense
> keywords. I did first more simple keywords that attracted many clicks,
> cost much and brought no sells. So I had to specify my keywords so that
> the ad is not shown so often but for the eyes of people who could more
> possible make a purchase on my page. This worked better, this keywords
> generated about 1-20 views daily and 0-2 clicks daily. Thats what I
> need! I dont want a lot of traffic that costs a lot without generating
> money. I want to appear on search results only if there is someone
> searching really close to what I am offering.
>
> But what happened: Google took my keywords offline "Waitingmode",
> "Testmode" (in german "Wartephase" or "Testphase") or even "Disabled".
>
> Of course I talk to the google support. They told me to use more
> specific keywords to reach more people. OK, I already HAVE the more
> specific keywords I can have, and I DONT WANT TO REACH EVERYBODY!
>
> They say "Its no error of google", I say IT IS A GOOGLE ERROR. A human
> error of the programmer. After receiving 3 times the same useless
> answers from google support, I quit, I am through with this!

AdSense pretty much re-uses the mechanism from the search engine. It comes
as-is and the algorithm does a certain thing. If you complain to Google
about the algorithm, it is unlikely they will review and change it. It
would have affected many people if they did.

I guess my message is: you must adapt to AdSense rather than expect AdSense
to adapt to you. Google AdSense is a free product just as a lawyer is; it
takes its cut from the profits. Things would be different had you paid to
get it installed...

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com