Re: A 2 hour pass

  • Subject: Re: A 2 hour pass
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:47:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
John Bokma wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> sawlake-teal2718science@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>> Can they spare it? MSN is trying to lure you to use their search site
>>> with a renewable free 2 hour pass to Encarta. Sort of. Limitations
>>> apply as the announcer says in a really fast voice:
>>> http://glikglik.blogspot.com/2005/02/encarta-la-carte.html
>>
>> What's next? Outlook won't open until you run 10 searches on MSN? A
>> search bar near your taskbar? One that any newbie would use? Trust me,
>> it'll happen...
>
> Messenger 7.0 beta comes with a Search. Guess which SE it uses.
>
> Next? Trillian underlines certain words in a chat, you can look them up in
> a wiki. MS might do something similar but linking to MSN. Wouldn't amaze
> me.
>
> If I was MS, I would change the name of the SE by the way. I MSNed it
> doesn't sound right :-D. (What did you do with your computer? I MSed it up
> :-D )

When you control the desktop, you control everything. The question is: will
the breakage into M¥¢ro$o£t and M$N (was that around 1998?) come into force
in? They already set M$N as your homepage in IE. So what kind of separation
is that? The courts are a toothless tiger.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com