Re: A 2 hour pass

  • Subject: Re: A 2 hour pass
  • From: John Bokma <postmaster@castleamber.com>
  • Date: 14 Feb 2005 18:17:30 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> John Bokma wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> What's next? Outlook won't open until you run 10 searches on MSN? A
>>> search bar near your taskbar? One that any newbie would use? Trust
>>> me, it'll happen...
>>
>> Messenger 7.0 beta comes with a Search. Guess which SE it uses.
>>
>> Next? Trillian underlines certain words in a chat, you can look them
>> up in a wiki. MS might do something similar but linking to MSN.
>> Wouldn't amaze me.
>>
>> If I was MS, I would change the name of the SE by the way. I MSNed it
>> doesn't sound right :-D. (What did you do with your computer? I MSed
>> it up
>> :-D )
>
> When you control the desktop, you control everything. The question is:
> will the breakage into M¥¢ro$o£t and M$N (was that around 1998?) come
> into force in? They already set M$N as your homepage in IE. So what
> kind of separation is that? The courts are a toothless tiger.

Same holds for many Linux distributions. In the past RedHat installed
software and the first page in your browser pointed to... RedHat.

If some software can not be bundled, why can the explorer (file viewer)
come bundled and media player not?

--
John                       Perl SEO tools: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
                 Experienced (web) developer: http://castleamber.com/