Re: Recovery Time - Training Only One Muscle Group

joe <nospam@me.com> wrote:
>The question is: would my delts/traps recover faster since they are the only
>muscles my body needs to repair?

Interesting question.  Maybe a little.  The lack of other
muscles taking protein etc. out of the bloodstream might
keep the concentration of those a little higher, which
should push the chemical reactions along.

>Or, are their recovery times pretty much
>constant whether I'm working other muscle groups at the same time or not?
>Any idea how much I could decrease my recovery time?

They grow when they're resting.  The workout is just there
to tell them why.

>P.S.  I'm mostly and ectomorph hardgainer, so I lift heavy, with low reps.

Eat, and mix up the heavy/low-rep work with light/high-rep*high-set work.

Get both your type-II and type-I fibers growing.

I did an 8x8 workout (8 sets of 8 reps at 50% of 1-rep
weight with 15-20 second recovery between sets) on just my
delts and biceps yesterday, and last night lying down in
bed I felt my delts bigger than ever and today my biceps
are sore for the first time in weeks.

				--Blair
				  "And tomorrow is gym day."