Re: Firefox 1.0 on Suse 8.1

  • Subject: Re: Firefox 1.0 on Suse 8.1
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 06:56:24 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
monitortan wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Just in case anyone is interested: I have build Firefox 1.0 for Suse
> 8.1 (I couldn't find any rpms or other distributions for 8.1).
>

> Please follow up to this newsgroup in case you're interested in a
> distribution.

Hi,

I installed Firefox 1.0 on my SuSE 8.1 machine about 2-3 months ago. There
was a simple installation file so there was no need for an RPM. I can
recall that it was a neat GUI invoked by an executable named
install-firefox (or a different name that's not far off...)

My point is: I think you over-complicated things. Installation of Firefox
was one of the least painful I have come across.

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com