Re: SEO Rules for Blogs & RSS

Ergobob wrote:

> Hi Roy,
>
> Do you think that adding the link to each article is spam? I wasn't
> thinking of it that way.
>
> Do you think that it is equally good for the search engines to have those
> links shown one time at the top of the blog?
>
> If I did show them one time, the RSS Feeds would only have links to the
> blog rather than any of the website landing pages.
>
> Thanks Roy,
>
> Bob

Well, here is an example:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=link%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fschestowitz.com

As you can see, links that come from the same domain fall under the same
header.

To answer your question, I think that placing a link somewhere in the page
automatically will save you time and preserve consistency throughout the
page. Also, don't over-use link. You can 'blind' your visitors rather than
help them. Links are treated like prostitution these days. Any time one
sees a link in an E-mail, a message or a review, malicious commercial
interests are assumed (my site is non-profit so don't be misled).

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com