Re: What affects PageRank?

  • Subject: Re: What affects PageRank?
  • From: John Bokma <postmaster@castleamber.com>
  • Date: 17 Jan 2005 19:01:15 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> -I think Google results are affected by both phrase match and PR.
> There is a certain weighting they will not publish, I guess...

Google writes about this that they use 100 factors.

> -To dominate keyphrases, use metatags,

Google doesn't use those (keywords).

> page title and high-valued elements like h1 and h2.

But don't overdo it.

Also, note that a top 10 position out of 800 results can give you more
visitors a day compared to a top 8 position out of 2,000,000.

--
John -> http://johnbokma.com/  Firefox: http://johnbokma.com/firefox/
                           Perl SEO tools: http://johnbokma.com/perl/