Re: Palm 515 Battery

  • Subject: Re: Palm 515 Battery
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 03:26:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
James Seah wrote:

> I recently bought a used Palm 515 and found that the battery
> drains very fast.  I was told by the seller that the backlight
> must be set to off or else the battery will not last even
> after a few hours use.
>
> Thanks in advance for your advice.
>
> James Seah

When I had my Palm M130 I (almost) always kept backlight off. Even after 2.5
years (my father has it now), the battery is in excellent condition.
backlight is only truly needed in dark places. By 'default', leave it
switched off.

Go to Prefs -> Buttons -> More. Set the default action to backlight on/off.
It will make it all far less tedious.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com