Re: Palm 515 Battery

  • Subject: Re: Palm 515 Battery
  • From: Jim Anderson <fro2750@frontiernet.my_finger.net>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:45:57 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
In article <41f04df1$1@news.starhub.net.sg>, thim@starhub.net.sg says...
> I recently bought a used Palm 515 and found that the battery
> drains very fast.  I was told by the seller that the backlight
> must be set to off or else the battery will not last even
> after a few hours use.
>
> Thanks in advance for your advice.
>
> James Seah

Put it in the cradle, without breaking the circuit poke the reset hole.
let it charge for 4 hours without playing with it.
This will reload the charge circuit profile with factory settings, as
they tend to get corrupted.

The usable life of Li-ion batteries is 2-4 years, maybe they are weak
and need replacing. See www.pdaparts.com, they sell replacement
batteries and have easy instruction on how to replace them.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson